POMPEII - What can I say?? AMAZING!!
I wish we could have explored here all day! I love history and this city fascinated me. Especially how well it is still preserved. This is just when you walk into the city.
A small house.
Karsten took this picture. This was the court where many people gathered.
When we got to the ticket office. The worker knew we were American. He said "Richard Geare is here today." We just laughed and I said "Yeah and I'm Julia Roberts." But then we walked in and there he was. I got this classic picture of everyone looking at him. Kacey and I really wanted to go meet him but Matt said to let him be.... :(
Then I took this picture - which you can't even tell...
But Matt got closer. You can't really tell all that much but it was pretty cool. And Pompeii is sooo big. I can't believe we saw him first thing.
This amazes me to no end! I can't believe how small the people were back in that time. I expected them to be so much bigger. My kids were a little creeped out by this but I was fascinated.
This one made me cry. It looks like this person was just waiting for the ash to hit him. :(
The streets.... there were so many!
This is in a house of one of the richer people. They still have a statue and marble floor.
Kai's turn to take a picture of me. He did a pretty good job! ;)
Art work.
The Colosseum at Pompeii.
Inside.
Karsten loved this place. He ran and ran and ran and then hopped. :)
If you see the big boulders in the road - it was for people to cross over. Apparently the sewer ran through the streets. :/ But it was really cool to still see the chariot ruts in the road.
Karsten and Ally stopping to take a break.
Bustin a move.
Matt took these very cool panoramic photos. :)
To end Antonio took us to an amazing restaurant on top of a mountain in Cava called ill Castagnolo or something like that - it meant chestnut tree. It was 8 courses and we ate from 8-midnight. Pretty amazing! (Kai only ended up eating 3 courses and then feel asleep in the Van.) :)






No comments:
Post a Comment