Then right before we were going to take a family photo, we had our first ER experience. Koby was climbing up the slide that he had poured water on (although he tried to blame it on our cute little friend Brian.:)) and fell off breaking both bones in his left fore arm. I am very glad I didn't have a picture of his arm or my face when I saw his arm. Not a pretty sight. Koby did pretty good through it all. He cried a lot at first and then as his dad was holding him in the car on the way to the ER he said that he was trying to be brave and stopped crying. He made friends with everyone in the ER and had them all laughing by the time we left at midnight. He has been such a trooper with his broken arm. He had to miss soccer camp and swimming but he has had such a good attitude through it all. (I will add that I could not stop crying and Mikaela had all her cousins praying. I am glad Matt took control and got in the car as quickly as possible.)
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Karsten's Blessing
Thanks to my wonderful brother and sister-in-law (Todd and Jolynn) - they opened up their home and let us have Karsten's blessing there. Matt did a great job. It started out to be a wonderful night. Here are some pictures.



Then right before we were going to take a family photo, we had our first ER experience. Koby was climbing up the slide that he had poured water on (although he tried to blame it on our cute little friend Brian.:)) and fell off breaking both bones in his left fore arm. I am very glad I didn't have a picture of his arm or my face when I saw his arm. Not a pretty sight. Koby did pretty good through it all. He cried a lot at first and then as his dad was holding him in the car on the way to the ER he said that he was trying to be brave and stopped crying. He made friends with everyone in the ER and had them all laughing by the time we left at midnight. He has been such a trooper with his broken arm. He had to miss soccer camp and swimming but he has had such a good attitude through it all. (I will add that I could not stop crying and Mikaela had all her cousins praying. I am glad Matt took control and got in the car as quickly as possible.)

Then right before we were going to take a family photo, we had our first ER experience. Koby was climbing up the slide that he had poured water on (although he tried to blame it on our cute little friend Brian.:)) and fell off breaking both bones in his left fore arm. I am very glad I didn't have a picture of his arm or my face when I saw his arm. Not a pretty sight. Koby did pretty good through it all. He cried a lot at first and then as his dad was holding him in the car on the way to the ER he said that he was trying to be brave and stopped crying. He made friends with everyone in the ER and had them all laughing by the time we left at midnight. He has been such a trooper with his broken arm. He had to miss soccer camp and swimming but he has had such a good attitude through it all. (I will add that I could not stop crying and Mikaela had all her cousins praying. I am glad Matt took control and got in the car as quickly as possible.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor Koby. I wanted to cry too when I saw his arm so I don't blame you for crying!!
We are so glad we were able to get together while you were here. Lagoon was a blast! Love ya!
Oh so sad! Poor koby! I am not looking forward to the inevitable accidents with boys!
I can't believe that was your first ER trip! My first was when Trey was 5 months old, and I have pretty much had one or more every year since!
Post a Comment