Monday, May 18, 2009

Mom's View

So I just wanted to write a note myself since Matt did the baby post. I did not want to post my picture after I gave birth because I had been up since midnight and I pretty much had another natural birth. (I got a numbing shot about 5 minutes before I gave birth.) I never thought after Mikaela I would have another natural birth, but I just went too fast again. It wasn't much fun and we had a few scary things happen right at the end so I was not only sleep deprived, in pain, but I was an emotional wreck. But Karsten made it out safely and is just perfect. I knew all along I was having a boy because when we picked the name something just clicked and it felt right. (We never could agree on a girl name.) :) I do have to say because of all the emotions when I was giving birth, when the baby came out I was only concerned about its health. I totally forgot that we didn't know what it was. I am so happy to have this sweet boy. Mikaela is in love with him, although she was a little sad it wasn't a girl. :) I am happy he was healthy and now Kai will have a little buddy to play with. We are all adjusting pretty good. (Even Kai who I thought would have such a hard time.) My mom came today so that made us all very happy. I have to say I feel very complete. I am so excited to raise my little family. I am very grateful for all my friends and family who have helped me out through all of this. :)

7 comments:

doublej said...

Thanks for your update and thoughts on things Whit. That's great your mom's there-though Matt is so awesome I'm sure he was a huge support with things until now. That's interesting about the name feeling so right and then it being a boy too. I'm glad everything is okay-you'll have to fill me in sometime on the stressful parts-but maybe I should wait until after I have my baby :). Enjoy these fun new moments!! Tell Mikaela there is something really special about being the only girl :). Just like her mommy.

Katy said...

I'm glad your mom is there to help!! It makes all the difference. You are such a great mom and your family is so cute. Love ya!

BBS said...

Thanks for the extra post Whitni. It sounds like things are adjusting well. I thought your Dad was coming also.
We are all thinking of you and your sweet family.

Julie said...

whitni he is darling! Thank you so much for calling on my birthday. Sorry I missed your calls. How fun that Karsten and I share the same birthday! I was at my park field trip the other day and natalie sampson came up and said hi. I was so happy to see her and she is going to have her little girl come to preschool. That will be great. My program was last night and everything went great!! The DVD's were a nightmare to make though this year because my computer was giving me such fits! I had to eventually transfer everything to Cathleen Poulsen's comupter and redo it there. Please tell me the DVD's are even worth it, and that Mikaela loved hers. :) Well I hope you are having fun with mom there and you are loving this season of life knowing all of your children are here and just savoring the moments of holding a newborn again. I love you,
Julie

Rachel Johnson said...

I am so glad Matt posted a picture of you whit!! You look beautiful after giving birth. I am so glad everything was ok. There is so much scary stuff that goes with deliveries. So glad to hear everyone is adjusting well. Congrats again!

Kevin and Rachel said...

Congrats on the new baby boy! He is so cute! I'm glad everything worked out. I can't wait to see this little guy in person! If you need anything don't hesitate to call ok?

Unknown said...

Thank you, Matt for sharing your blog site with me! What an adorable family you have. God is so good!! Please pass a note of "thanks" to your wife for the hair product...I love it :-)
--Mindy Koontz