Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Braces

I honestly can't believe I have a child old enough for braces. I do take some comfort in knowing that they put braces on a whole lot earlier these days. That way I don't feel so old! Mikaela unfortunately has my terrible teeth. We have been told from a very young age that she would need lots of teeth work. She got her braces on last week and there has been lots of drama from our drama queen. But she is doing better and can eat pretty normal now. She is a trooper!

Before


After


She also had an expander put in the top of her mouth to expand her teeth because everything was pretty crowded. After only a week, she has a very big gap between her two front teeth. (That is a picture she doesn't want me to take.) She is being such a good sport about all of this.

4 comments:

Jesse said...

yeah for braces..she probably doesn't feel that way right now, but she will when they are off! She looks great. It was so cute at activity days I saw her and she said hello and gave me a huge smile, I think so I would notice her braces. It was funny!

BBS said...

I am just so surprised that she is in braces!!! Crazy how old your kids are getting.
Love ya.

Natalie said...

KAYLA YOU ARE EVEN CUTER WITH BRACES ON!!! I love them! Mitchell had them on for a year and the expander now they are both off and he had retainers until the next phase!

doublej said...

You look great with braces Mikaela! It will be well worth it-better to get it all done when you're so young rather than later!